We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time BrightFire Living, LLC decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
This Policy applies to BrightFire Living, LLC and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of brightfireliving.com or our other online facilities, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our Site;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information
Information We Collect
It is always up to you to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, email address, phone number, billing and/or credit card information, etc. which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested.
Information from which you can be personally identified may be collected by us at the Site, including your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and credit card number (referred to as “Personal Consumer Information”) and/or any other identifier that permits the physical or online contacting of you in connection with your use of, or participation in any of the following: membership registration, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, surveys, forums, subscription registrations, content submissions, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, requests for suggestions, visitors’ requests for free products or services or additional information (including via email to us) and in connection with other activities, services or resources we make available on any of our Sites. In all these cases, we will collect personal consumer information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. Further, the Company may contact you based on the information you provide online whether in connection with your registration or in such places as the above described forums.
Of course, you may choose not to provide certain information to us, but if so, you may not be able to participate in certain of the activities and transactions available at the Site.
In addition, BrightFire Living, LLC may have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race and religion, as well as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
Please rest assured that this site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of surveys, completed membership forms, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for in this policy.
Why We Collect Information and For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services and/or products you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so;
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, when we have your consent to do so;
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences
The data we collect from you will be stored no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based on the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
Use of Information Collected
BrightFire Living, LLC does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
BrightFire Living, LLC may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services and/or products you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from BrightFire Living, LLC.
BrightFire Living, LLC may also be in contact with you regards to completing reviews, surveys, and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
BrightFire Living, LLC may find it beneficial to all our customers to share specific data with our trusted partners in an effort to conduct statstical analysis, provide you with email and/or postal mail, deliver support and/or arrange for deliveries to be made. Those third parties shall be strictly prohibited from making use of your personal information, other than to deliver those services which you requested, and as such they are required, in accordance with this agreement, to maintain the strictest of confidentiality with regards to all your information.
BrightFire Living, LLC uses various third-party social media features including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within BrightFire Living LLC’s control.
Disclosure of Information
BrightFire Living, LLC may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide the services or products you ordered;
- in other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- as required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of BrightFire Living, LLC.
BrightFire Living, LLC greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in BrightFire Living, LLC products or services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Children under the age of 13
BrightFire Living, LLC’s website is not directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this site.
Opt-in, Opt-Out or Unsubscribe
All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. BrightFire Living, LLC will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
If you “opt in” to receive information from us or others, you can change your mind later. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may notify us at email@example.com. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request, and we are unable to have your information removed from the records of any third party who has been provided with your information in accordance with this policy.
Links to Other Websites
Notice to European Union Users
BrightFire Living, LLC’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield.) By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
Under the regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) of the EU you have the certain right as a Data Subject. These rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed: this means we must inform you of how we intend to use your personal data and we do this through the terms of this Policy.
- The right to access: this means you have the right to request access to the data we hold about you and we must respond to those requests within one month, You can do this by sending an email to Tiffany@brightfireliving.com
- The right to rectification: this means that if you believe that some of the data we hold is incorrect, you have the right to have it corrected. You can do this by updating your account information, or by sending us an email with your request.
- The right to erasure: this means you can request that the information we hold be deleted, and we will comply unless we have a compelling reason not to, in which case you will be informed of same. You can do this by sending an email to Tiffany@brightfireliving.com.
- The right to restrict processing: this means you can change your communication preferences or opt-out of certain communications. You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right of data portability: this means you can obtain and use the data we hold for you for your own purposes without explanation. If you wish to request a copy of your information, contact us at Tiffany@brightfireliving.com.
- The right to object: this means you can file a formal objection with us regarding our use of your information with regard to third parties, or its processing where our legal basis is our legitimate interest in it. To do this, please send an email to Tiffany@brightfireliving.com.
In addition to the rights above, please rest assured that we will always aim to encrypt and anonymize your personal information whenever possible. we also have protocols in place in the unlikely event that we suffer a data breach and we will contact you if your personal information is ever at risk. For more details regarding our security protections see the section below.
BrightFire Living, LLC takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
The company also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications to build users’ trust and confidence in the internet and website by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit card and personal information.
Acceptance of Terms
Changes in Policy
How to Contact Us
Telephone Number: 1.888.773.4736
BrightFire Living, LLC
PO Box 1940
Dublin, OH 43017
The data controller responsible for your personal information for the purposes of GDPR compliance is;
P.O. Box 1940, Dublin OH, 43017
THESE TERMS AND THE INTERPRETATION OF THESE TERM SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF OHIO, WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES AND SPECIFICALLY WILL NOT BE GOVERNED BY THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTIONS ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS, IF OTHERWISE APPLICABLE.
Jurisdiction and Venue
You waive all rights to trial by jury in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Terms and/or the Web Site. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms and/or the Web Site shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Ohio, in the City of Dublin, County of Franklin, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. Any matters or proceedings that are not subject to arbitration as set forth in this Section 18 of these Terms and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Ohio, in the City of Dublin, County of, Franklin. You waive the defense of forum non convenience.
The section titles in these Terms are for your convenience only and do not have any legal or contractual effect.
Construction and Enforcement of Terms